- Content Marketing World: Journalists vs. marketers This caught our eye, from the big annual content marketing shindig in Cleveland held in September, because Collective Content has its roots in journalism rather than marketing, as does the article’s author.
- Want to be a modern marketing organization? Think like an agency We talk a lot about in-house teams, agencies and one-man bands. But an agency dynamic can work – or not – for a marketing team too.
- How to atomize 1 killer piece of content into 10 This comes up again and again in our training sessions. Often one piece of long-form content isn’t just one piece of content at all. Divide and rule.
- Marketing in four steps Seth never uses 50 words when five will do. This could be the most succinct and useful advice you read all week.
- The benefits of allowing employees to build personal brands The flip side to a range of employees creating content is that some will dwell on the risks and negatives. This companion piece explores how to handle some of those concerns.
- ‘No agencies have this breadth of content’: Inside Accenture’s $600 million content business We’re kind of fascinated by giants such as Accenture, Deloitte and IBM being mega-agencies. This is a small insight into what Accenture is doing with content. Also worth checking out is its 2013 acquisition, “design and innovation consultancy” Fjord.
- How to get content marketing to work for brands in boring spaces (link no longer available) You’ve heard the expression, ‘There are no boring industries’? Well, some would disagree. This piece is a detailed look at how to tackle that, featuring four case studies.
- Meet the eight B2B brands excelling at LinkedIn Pleased to report over half of these are B2B technology vendors. Don’t give up on LinkedIn.
- Contently case story: How content is helping Xerox rebrand Here’s a marketing higher-up who knows how to use content. (Disclaimer: We have done work for a unit of Xerox.) Everyone should be able to communicate the goals and effects of content like this in their organization.
- 7 tips to write the most effective call-to-actions This is the detail you rarely get in advisory pieces. The CTA is critical in content marketing and yet too often an afterthought.
- 20 ways to be creative when you don’t feel inspired OK, leaving you with a soft one. Stay inspired. And stick with your content marketing.
We hope you enjoyed this round-up. These are some of the links that have left the biggest impression on us over the past 13 weeks or so. Why 11? It’s our favourite times table. Until next time.
Follow us on Twitter – @ColContent