1. In an economic downturn, tying content to ROI is more critical than ever
Lighter links are coming – I promise (did I say Jerry Seinfeld features below?) – but this post details the why and how of content ROI, for anyone who needs to show proven results to their bosses.
2. Here’s why customer marketing is the future (+ 4 examples)
We’ve known this for a while, and here agency Brafton explains why to get all customer-/client-centric.
3. Outsourcing thought leadership content is hard but not impossible: Here’s how to do it
From Superpath, a community we love, about something we were born doing. Includes the small point about getting access to your client’s thought leaders.
4. 5 tools to help your content marketing team be better
More tips. From the clever folks at the Content Marketing Institute, no less.
5. Jerry Seinfeld’s editing tip will make your presentations shorter and more concise
OK, so Jerry Seinfeld on editing isn’t the frivolous 11th post. This is gold (gold, baby!) from the comedian. And we still have a frivolous post to end on.
6. The best way to structure content for your landing page
We’ve been writing landing pages since the Web 1.0 days. Anyone else remember ‘microsites’? I digress. This is good advice from a member of a community we support, Pro Copywriters.
7. How to create a sales enablement content strategy
Funnily enough, we’re just about to start a major programme with a client, and sales enablement is one goal. We don’t know why it’s not a more common ask. Love the signposting in this piece, too.
8. Unsplash is officially dead — Here are the smarter alternatives
Image sourcing site Unsplash was bought by Getty Images and some people aren’t happy about what happened next, although we still use it. Here’s a Medium writer we follow suggesting alternatives.
9. The map of the observable Universe, from the Milky Way to the edge of what can be seen
Next up is an astronomical feet of content. Excuse the pun. We love infographics and other visual ways of getting across hard-to-fathom concepts. And what’s bigger than the Universe?
10. How Publicis Sapient scaled video marketing into a storytelling studio
Mini case study in the form of a ClickZ Q&A that shows the power of high-end filmmaking from a big agency powerhouse.
11. Carving of man holding his penis and surrounded by leopards is oldest known depiction of a narrative scene, archaeologists say
And here’s that frivolous post. Part horror story, part dick joke – carved onto an ancient wall. Hey, we told you there isn’t much that’s older than storytelling.
Why 11 links? It’s an odd number, isn’t it?
Follow us on Twitter – @ColContent